top of page
Managing Debt

Reducing Your Fuel Bills

Homeowners and private renting tenants can access a range of grants, loans and support for heating upgrades and home insulation improvements.

Tel: 0330 053 5631

Support is aimed at those on low incomes, benefits, families with small children, people with disabilities and long-term health conditions, and vulnerable older people to stay warm throughout the winter months. 
Tel: 01609 767555

If you live in the Ryedale District area and do not have any radiators in your property, then you may qualify for a fully funded central heating revamp
Tel: 01422 880100

The North Yorkshire Local Assistance Fund provides support for vulnerable adults to move into or remain in the community, and for families under exceptional pressure to stay together. Awards are made in the form of goods, not cash. If you do not meet the requirements for the scheme, you may be eligible for a food or a utility top-up (that is, credit added to your gas or electricity account). 
Tel: 0845 72 73 74

Refer to our 'Financial Hardship Guide' for a full list of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy schemes. 


Switching Provider

A step-by-step guide on how to switch energy supplier.

Support on all things energy related, from problems with your energy bill to getting a better deal.

Support householders to make better energy choices.

Find out how to take part in Collective Switching and Oil Buying Cooperatives to reduce fuel bills

Tel: 01723 232527

Water Support

Yorkshire Water provide a number of schemes to alleviate water poverty. Click here for a full list of services. 

Tel: 0345 1 24 24 24

bottom of page